Search search icon

How to Apply for Guardianship in DuPage County Video

Guardianship Reporting Video

Dear Guardian

It is your responsibility to file a Biennial Report or, if court ordered an Annual Accounting and Annual Report. All reports may be electronically filed through at least 30 days prior to your scheduled court date. Fillable forms and instructions to e-file can be found at the bottom of this page.  If you are unable to electronically file, you may file the reports in person, by mail. private messenger or parcel delivery service with the Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 505 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187. 

All annual reports forms must be completely filled out:

  1. Minor-Ward’s age
  2. Minor-Ward’s and Guardian's current address (street, city and zip code)
  3. Telephone number for the Guardian including area code
  4. Email address for the Guardian (optional)
  5. Reason for Guardianship and Ward's status
  6. Representative payee report, if applicable

You must notify the Court in writing within 14 days of an address change for the Minor-Ward and/or Guardian.  The change of address form below can be emailed directly to court (, or you can mail to:  

Judge Craig R. Belford
18th Judicial Circuit Court
505 N. County Farm Rd., Room 2009
Wheaton, IL 60187

You should not remove the Minor-Ward from the Court’s jurisdiction without prior Court approval.

You can check your report due date and other future court dates by:

  1. Going to the website or;
  2. Calling the Circuit Court Clerk at 630-407-8700

A self-addressed stamped envelope is no longer needed.  To obtain signed approval/continuance orders go to i2file. A reminder notice will be sent 2 months prior to the court date. You can visit the Circuit Court Clerk's Office (1st floor) at the main courthouse, 505 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, if you need further assistance with filing your reports.

Forms and Links

Petition for Guardianship

Miscellaneous Links

Helpful Links

Sign Up